Turnul de veghere online dating
Over the years, the collections have been enriched through acquisitions and donations.
Completing the picture is the fairy-tale Blue House, an 18-th century baroque house bearing the old coat of arms of Sibiu on its facade.
Sibiu (Hermannstadt in German) was the largest and wealthiest of the seven walled citadels* built in the 12th century by German settlers known as Transylvanian Saxons.
The riches amassed by its guilds paid for the construction of both impressive buildings and the fortifications required to protect them.
The roof, originally built in pyramid form, has undergone various changes, culminating in the addition of four corner turrets in 1826.
On the top floor, an observation deck allows a bird's-eye view of the historic town and the Fagaras Mountains beyond.
Three 15th century towers have withstood the test of time: Harquebusiers' Tower was the site of Sibiu's first theatrical performance, staged in 1778.
Address: Piata Mare The north side of the Great Square is dominated by the Roman-Catholic Church .
From the Great Square, walk through one of two tunnels under the arches of the Council Tower to arrive at the Little Square.
This second fortified square was home to the town's most prestigious master craftsmen, who lived in rows of arcaded houses along the north and east sides.
Built in the 13-th century, this tower was used as entrance gate to the second row of fortified walls built around Sibiu.
Throughout the centuries, the Council Tower served as a grain storehouse, a fire watchtower, a temporary prison and even as a museum of botany.